BitPay is the leading payment processor for the Bitcoin currency. I develop new features for our core product using node.js and MongoDB, as well as create new B2B tools for our merchants to use. I also work on open-source software for the bitcoin community, and internally used products for our Customer Operations team and Finance department.
I work on:
- Back-end development of our payment processing platform
- Front-end development with Angular, Bootstrap
- Support utilities for our Customer Operations team
- Implemented bitcoin payment channels (BIP 70)
- Design and implement REST and RPC API’s.
- Recurring billing system
- Molecule – a generic 2 phase commit solution for Mongo/Mongoose
- BitAuth, a novel authentication mechanism which uses the same elliptic curve cryptography as bitcoin
- ChainDB – a decentralized database using blockchain technology
- Accounting improvement / audits – worked with accounting department to prepare financial data for audits. Proposed and implemented changes to improve accounting.